The M-UP team, our partners and other organisations organise events throughout the year. Workshops, conferences, summits and forums give the chance to anybody to take part into insightful events within Europe. Stay connected and check our listing.
- This event has passed.
MIGRANT ENTREPRENEURSHIP SUPPORT – ACCESS TO FINANCE Conference
April 3 @ 10:30 am - April 4 @ 3:30 pm
Joint conference of the European migrant entrepreneurship support networks M-UP and MAGNET
Are you interested in Migrant Entrepreneurship?
Are you interested in access to finance for under-served communities? Do you want to meet the key players in Europe? Do you want to learn from them? Would you like to influence policy makers? Are you committed to improve the entrepreneurial ecosystem for migrants & refugees?
During the event, we aim to shed light on the needs and barriers of migrant entrepreneurs, especially in accessing to finance. To do this, we have invited a number of representatives from the migrant community as well as organisations supporting them in the startup and development of their business ventures. We are also reviewing the experiences of organizations providing financial and non financial services to migrant businesses. Finally, participating policy makers will share their efforts in improving the business environment for migrant entrepreneurs as well as their main points.
International stakeholders attending the conference will have an opportunity to contribute to discussions on practical solutions for cooperation aiming to improve the experience of migrant entrepreneurs through plenary sessions, interactive workshops and networking activities, in a warm and friendly city.
DAY 1, APRIL 3rd:
- 10:30h Welcome coffee and registration
- 11:00h Welcome and Introduction: Guillem aris (M-UP), Ewa Bankowska (MAGNET) Welcome by Honorable Mr. Chakir El Homrani Lesfar, Minister of Labor, Social Affairs and Families
- 11:20h Current understandings and blind spots in our knowledge about access to finance for migrant entrepreneurs. Klaas Molenaar, Em.Professor / Fellow in Financial Inclusion and New Entrepreneurship, Haagse Hogeschool
- 11:40h ME financial needs and barriers. M-UP research results and experience of migrant entrepreneurs
- 13:00h Coffee break
- 13:15h Supply side mapping. Group discussion on barriers and how to address them
- 14:00h Lunch
- 15:00h Policies and policy instruments.Perspectives from different European countries
- 16:15h Coffee break
- 16:30h Together alone? Building capacity for collaboration in access to finance
DAY 2, APRIL 4th:
- 09:30h Welcome & Highlights of Day 1
- 09:45h Sharing knowledge is doubling the knowledge.Workshop on experiences in access to finance
- 11:00h Coffee break
- 11:15h FinTech solutions for migrant entrepreneurs
- 12:15h Financial instruments and providers. Best practices for migrant entrepreneurs
- 13:15h Lunch
- 14:00h The Barcelona Declaration.
- 15:30h Closure and Farewell
The event is free! For registration, please follow this link.